|Study location||Lithuania, Kaunas|
|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Awards||B.Sc. (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)|
|Tuition fee||€3,200 per year
Price per credit – 46,67 €
|Application fee||€100 one-time|
|Registration fee||€100 one-time
Baltic Center Registration Fee Includes:
High school / secondary education (or higher)
• a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %),
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Focused on professional experience at aviation companies, the programme leads through gradual learning about processes underlying the principles of aerodynamics, materials used to build aerial vehicles, aerial vehicle structures and types, their behaviour in flight and development of abilities in aerial vehicle design, building and maintenance as well as dealing with a number of other aspects related to creative engineering activity in aviation.
Programme implementation options by choosing the model of extended practice at aviation companies:
- Aircraft and aircraft system design engineer (General Aviation Engineering Practice (30 ECTS), extensive subjects in the field of Aeronautical Engineering (18 ECTS) and Professional Practice (12 ECTS);
- Aircraft Maintenance Specialist General Aviation Engineering Practice (30 ECTS) and Aircraft Maintenance Practice (30 ECTS).
Top reasons to study at KTU:
1. The first in Europe cluster of aeronautical engineering companies and educational institutions has been created in Lithuania with the lead of KTU in 2016.
2. The hands-on experience is gained using specialised research equipment at the University and at the aviation companies in Lithuania.
3. The students may choose 2 semesters of extended practice in an aviation company to deepen their specialisation skills and solve real industry problems.
Design and modernisation of aircrafts, their systems and elements
Types, constructions and systems of aircrafts
Aerodynamics of aircrafts and flight dynamic Design of aircrafts
Determination and assurance of functionality and reliability of aircrafts and their systems
Modern technologies of aircraft manufacturing
Nondestructive testing methods
Expertise in aircraft maintenance technologies and processes, their selection and management
Technical maintenance of aircrafts
Knowledge in safety and legal regulations applying to engineering activities in aviation
Human factors in aviation
The lack of aviation engineers and specialists of technical maintenance of the aircrafts is a constantly increasing problem both in Lithuania and in the entire world; therefore, graduates of this programme have excellent prospects for an international career in various stages: engineers-mechanics and engineers-constructors > licenced aviation engineers and aviation specialists > executive/quality/training managers of airlines.