|Study location||Lithuania, Kaunas|
|Nominal duration||4 years|
|Awards||B.Sc. (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)|
|Tuition fee||€3,200 per year
Price per credit – 46,67 €
|Application fee||€100 one-time|
|Registration fee||€100 one-time
Baltic Center Registration Fee Includes:
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and oldest of the engineering disciplines and therefore provides some of the strongest interdisciplinary opportunities in the engineering profession. The programme covers analysis of different materials and technologies used in industry, fundamentals of machine design and product development. The competencies, abilities and skills to develop equipment, components and systems of mechanical nature applying modern CAD/CAE systems are of special importance for future career. The programme has a Twin programme option under the ECIU consortium.
Two semesters of alternatives (semesters of free choice) are included into the Programme. According personal needs and interests the students can select:
- Deepening studies in the field of mechanical engineering,
- Development of competencies in practical engineering activities through semester or two semester placement at engineering enterprises (“Extended Practice” model),
- International semester at partner European universities.
Top reasons to study at KTU:
1. The degree is run as a Twin Programme together with leading European universities under the ECIU (www.eciu.org). Mobile students receive ECIU certificates.
2. Students may choose 2 semesters according personal needs: to deepen theoretical knowledge, to gain practical experience at company, or to benefit from academic mobility.
3. Solidworks CSWA (Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate) qualification test and certificate along with the study programme.
Technologies of structural materials
Materials science and engineering
Mechanics of materials
Elements of mechanical systems and basics of engineering design
Engineering graphics and fundamentals of CAD
Strength of structural elements
Basics of machinery mechanics and machine elements
Cutting processes and tools
Fundamentals of enterprises management
Sustainable human development
Electrical and electronic circuits
Applied thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
Measurements and control
Computer-aided analysis of structures
Product development practice
From engineer designer, technologist. Project manager, head of manufacturing department. To the chief designer, chief technologist, head of the company.