|Study location||Lithuania, Kaunas|
Biology (ISCED 01022)
Biology (JACS C100)
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||M.Sc. (Master of Science in Molecular Biology)|
|Tuition fee||€4,787 per year|
|Application fee||€100 one-time|
|Registration fee||€150 one-time
You can receive DISCOUNT and pay only 104.99 EUR, for more information visit our FREE webinar “Education in Europe”.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Applications are NOT accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): Bangladesh, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen.
The Molecular Biology and Biotechnology programme aims to prepare high-quality, broad spectrum specialist in biology that are distinguished by creative and critical thinking, having fundamental low-based knowledge and faculties necessary for various biology-related tasks. The programme focuses to provide all necessary knowledge needed to promote broad range expertise, erudition, and intellectual sense of satisfaction during studies, practice and work. The programme also seeks to confer deep interest in molecular biology and biotechnology, apply it at various circumstances, and to maintain professional competencies during lifelong learning.
Graduates will be able:
- To analyze molecular diversity, structure, composition, to characterize biological systems, their functioning and interaction: genomics, proteomics, metabolomics;
- To understand principles of immune and other systems, their structures, integration with other vital systems of biological objects;
- To work with living cells, organisms, populations;
- To evaluate processes taking place inside of the cell, work with cell cultures under laboratory conditions, to apply obtained results for modeling of biological systems, to evaluate intercellular interconnections, relations between single individuals and populations;
- To comprehend evolution of biological objects, lows in heredity and variability, features and molecular principles of congenital diseases, and to know how to apply them for investigation of biological diversity, structure of living organisms, functioning and evolution;
- According to collected data and molecular analysis to evaluate population’s structures, environmental impact on populations, interrelations between populations and individual species;
- To apply modern investigation methods, to work according principles of good laboratory practice, rules of bioethics, to collect, process, preserve and prepare research material under laboratory and field conditions;
- To apply acquired knowledge to solve emerging problems, to recognize, analyze biological problems, to plan strategies to solve these problems, to plan and carry out various measurements, process and interpret biological data, to classify and present these data;
- To solve qualitative and quantitative problems by using acquired mathematical and computational skills and special computer software, DNA gene base;
- To use creatively bioinformation technologies for analysis, digital description and simulation of biological objects, to use biological databases, to systematize the collected information.
Molecular Biotechnology - 6;
Bionanotechnology and Biomodeling - 6;
Molecular Immunogenetics - 6;
Research Project - 6;
Molecular Biology - 6;
Molecular Laboratory Diagnostics - 6;
Molecular Ecology - 6;
Integrative Analysis of Biological Systems - 6;
Systems Biology - 6;
Genetically Modified Organisms - 6;
Scientific Professional Practice - 7;
Research work - 5;
Plant Biotechnology – 6;
Master Thesis - 30.
Graduates will be prepared to work in:
Companies related to molecular biology, biotechnology, biopharmaceutics and food industry; Research and study organizations dealing with various activities related to molecular biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, biopharmaceutics, and environment preservation.
Graduates are also offered the possibility to continue their studies at PhD Degree level in Biology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and other PhD programmes related to biotechnological and biomedical sciences.