In accordance with bilateral agreements on co-operation in education and science concluded between Latvian government and a few countries Latvia offers scholarships to foreign students, researchers and teaching staff for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in the 2018/2019 academic year. The Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia has delegated the administration of the Latvian state scholarships to the State Education Development Agency (Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra – VIAA).
If you wish to apply for Latvian State Scholarship, the following procedure shall be followed:
1. Put track on your application: LATVIA SCHOLARSHIP
A notification email will be sent to you along with further guidelines. 2. Submit your application at apply.baltic-center.eu. Note that you will be required to upload your educational qualifications, passport, CV (Europass) and Motivation letter. Have them available before starting the registration process. Pay extra attention when composing your Motivation letter as it will be carefully assessed during candidate selection. Your Motivation letter shall explain why you want to study in Latvia and in сhosen University and why have you selected this particular study programme, do not be afraid to explain that in as much detail as possible. Your application will be assessed only after a registration fee payment will be made. An invoice will be issued in 7 days after submission of application.
2. Receive an invitation to schedule a video interview.
3. Receive an Acceptance letter if your application has been selected. The Acceptance letter will enable you to apply for Latvian Government Scholarship. Note that your scholarship request will not be considered if you lodge your application without the University’s acceptance letter.
4. Submit your application for Latvian Government Scholarship to the State Agency or through Baltic Center representative office in your country.
Your scholarship application shall contain the following.
NOTE: Deadline to submit your application is 1 March 2019. Deadline for Latvian State scholarship is 1 April 2019.
The fee for studies in Latvian University can be reimbursed from the scholarship.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS for the academic year 2018/2019
I. Citizens from countries that have signed an Agreement* on co-operation in education and science
- Belgium (Federation Wallonia – Brussels)
- South Korea
- The People`s Republic of China