M.A.Sociology of Organizations and Public Administration
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||M.A. (Master of Social Sciences in Sociology)|
|Tuition fee||€2,000.00 per year|
|Application fee||€155.00 one-time|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
This programme aims to educate highly qualified specialists providing students with the knowledge and skills on how to analyse the performance of organizations and institutions in public, private and non-governmental sectors, how to develop reasonable and sound proposals in order to address problems in the sphere of organizations and public administration.
The programme consists of compulsory courses and elective courses, students are required to elaborate their own research project. The full–time Bachelor’s degree programme covers 3 academic years. The study courses of the 1st year provide general knowledge and skills in Sociological Theory, Research, Management, Philosophy, Social Problems, Community Development, and Sociology of Groups and Organizations. The 2nd year courses focus more specifically on Research Methodologies and Techniques, Regional Development, Rural Sociology, Social Statistics, Social Psychology. In the 3rd year students are offered a number of elective courses including Demography, Social Entrepreneurship, Sociology of Work, Sociology of Family, Social Work, Project Management, Management of Stress and Time. This programme is completed with the elaboration and defense of a Bachelor’s thesis.
Why study Sociology of Organizations and Public Administration at the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies?
1. You will develop multidisciplinary understanding about management and performance of organizations and people in public, private and nongovernmental sectors.
2. You will be offered to participate in research projects and volunteering activities.
3. You will acquire knowledge and skills on researching contemporary processes in social life, public policies, and organizations, which allow you to develop your future career in many professional domains.
4. We offer you an interactive study process with dynamic and experienced academic staff, opportunities of e-learning, organized weeks of guest lectures.
5. We ensure the student-centred approach to the study process and focus specifically on your needs and interests in each study course.
Our graduates are specialists having successful careers in a number of professional areas including teaching, research, politics, public administration, municipalities, social and health services, the media, personnel management, NGO and trade unions. Bachelor’s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective Master’s study programme at universities in Latvia or abroad.