|Location||Lithuania, Kaunas district|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||M.Sc. (Master of Water Engineering)|
|Tuition fee||€3,350.00 per year
|Application fee||€160.00 one-time
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Water is a basic natural factor influencing human life. For centuries a man has tried to exploit it for its own use as efficiently as possible, so the consumption and pollution have resulted changes of water resources. Water conservation is one of the most important activities to increase environmental and landscape values. It is mainly related to the improvement of water quality in open water bodies, as well as modernization and management of such water management structures as water supply and wastewater treatment plants, polders, dams, ponds, pumping stations, drainage, hydraulic and other structures. This requires highly skilled professionals capable to apply advanced scientific methods and modern information technologies in assessment of water management structures and their impact on the environment, to integrate knowledge from different fields for analysis and simulation of changes in the environment and the nature of engineering processes. The study programme „Hydraulic Engineering“ is designed for training of these specialists.
- project, expert, consultancy and managerial work:
- at companies and institutions involved in management, maintenance and administration of construction of water husbandry buildings;
- in the system of environment quality monitoring and pollution reduction, institutions administrating water management and environmental protection, environmental management and water protection consulting firms;
- scientific and pedagogical work in water engineering research and educational institutions;
- post-graduate (doctoral) level studies in the field of technology sciences.