|Study location||Lithuania, Kaunas|
Microbiology, Biotechnology 13.4 (ISCED 4211)
Biology (JACS C100)
|Nominal duration||4 years|
|Awards||BA (Bachelor of Technological Sciences)|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Please provide the secondary school leaving certificate in the original language. If the diploma is not issued in English, a certified translation should be provided. The document must be legalised/apostilled.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
It is necessary to have notarized certified documents translated, legalized and apostilled.
Applications are accepted from the following territories (based on citizenship): Afghanistan, Africa, Americas, Bhutan, Central Asia, Eastern Asia, Europe, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Oceania, Pakistan, South-Eastern Asia, Sri Lanka, Western Asia.
Baltic Center examination.
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
The general aims of Biotechnology undergraduate programme are to educate the competent specialists and researches in the chosen research and study area. To empower them to develop intellectual competencies in order to be capable to participate in research advancements, to take responsibilities in research and practice developments as well as to disseminate knowledge. More specifically this programme aims:
• To deepen competencies in biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology and other subjects essential for an advanced level of biotechnology specialist.
• To provide students with the scientific, intellectual and practical education in order they would be capable to empower themselves for lifelong learning and career in biotechnology.
• To provide for students the supportive learning environment fostering their academic, professional and personal development.
The purpose of the programme is to prepare a competitive qualified biotechnology professionals with knowledge and skills of classic and modern chemistry, physics, biology, biochemistry and other basic sciences as well as applied biotechnology subjects (bioinformatics, plant, animal, pharmaceutical and molecular biotechnology) which are required for application of biotechnology in the practical and professional activities in creating new products and technologies, starting their own business or for pursuing further studies.
• Research science positions in laboratories applying biotechnology to problems in medicine, industry, and agriculture.
• Laboratory and production technician positions in biotechnology, pharmaceutic, food, cosmetic, agriculture and biochemical industries.
• Companies related to biotechnology, biopharmaceutics, health services, environmental agencies, cosmetic, environmental control and food industry.
• Management positions in the biotechnology industry and related government institutions.
• Positions at companies that are investing in biotechnology.